d

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

One down project down...



So I actually finished something last week. Some old friends in IL have had their 2nd child - congratulations to C&D. I wanted to send a present right off, but with a lot of people having babies, this was the 5th baby blanket this year, and unfortunately it just dragged on. I like making these in Sirdar Snuggly Baby Care, which no one sells around Binghamton. It's 60% acrylic, so good for popping in the washer & dryer, and 40% cotton, which gives it a more genuine softness (unlike the fake and often transitory softness of purely acrylic yarn - yes, I'm a fiber snob). I've been getting it from a lovely store in Harrisburg, PA (http://www.knittersdream.com/Yarn.html ). Now that it's almost November, I think it's nearly impossible that anyone I know (well enough to give presents to anyway) could fit in another baby this year. And, as of Saturday, the blanket was nicely packaged up and sent off to Chicago - yeah!

And this is my beautiful wallhanging from Kaffe Fasset's "Glorious Patchwork." It was years in the making, and I finally finished around my birthday last Feb. I learned hand quilting on this, and added beads in with the handquilting. For this quilt, I could look for interesting pieces of fabric, and then just use a little bit of them. It was made with paper piecing, so the squares & corners are all more precise than I could make them on my own.

3 Comments:

Blogger Bashirs Momma said...

I AM NOT WORTHY!!! I AM NOT WORTHY!!!

That wall hanging is more spectacular on line than... no... wait... it's spectacular in person... but it's spectacular on line....

Ah, I'll just shaddup now... I'm just gonna sit back and knit myself another acrylic ouchy scarf...

4:50 PM  
Blogger Dearest Cupcake said...

I just love that Fussy Kaffe and your ambition to complete one ofhis projects. But look at the results! I too am not worthy.

7:03 AM  
Blogger Monika said...

I absolutely LOVE this wall hanging! It's gorgeous! Wonderful! Breath taking! Be proud! Be proud!

9:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home