d

Sunday, November 19, 2006

Hats & warshrags

OK, so I do actually finish some things. Like this hat made with Lopi, the sturdy Icelandic wool.

It is not a masterpiece of technique (perhaps DC will post her latest hat, which is a masterpiece), but it was my 2nd hat and I'm very happy with it.

Since this hat, I've gone on & made 2 hats for children. The first one was a sort-of gnome hat for AZK's lovely little girl. There's a pattern in Morehouse Farm Merino Knits for a pointy hat with a knot on top. To make it more of a gnome hat for baby RZK, I did the first one without the knot on top.

It looks better on kids than on the cat, but I have better access to Bean (metal dragon in a calm moment here). The skein left enough for another hat, so I made the 2nd one with the knot on top for EG's little boy who is also blonde & blue eyed like RZK.

And, I've made some warshrags from Mason Dixon: I bought a ton of Sugar & Cream (wish we had that Peaches & Cream around here, they seem to have better colors). The first batch was colorful, though not so much in this photo as they'd been used by this point. I like how the color comes back again when they get wet, like rocks. The 2nd batch is more sedate, and may end up being a Christmas or Thanksgiving gift.

This week I finished 2 baby quilts, one for my friend & one that she asked me to make for her sister. I tacked down the back of the binding last week, made some labels, had to remake a label due to a spelling correction, examined them for stray threads & mailed them off to GA yesterday! Photos to come in a future posting.

3 Comments:

Blogger Bashirs Momma said...

ROTFLMAO!!!

That picture of the gnome hat on bean is just too perfect. I love it!!!

BTW, the Mitt has been revealed...

7:55 AM  
Blogger Dearest Cupcake said...

Warshrags do have a way of proliferating! I missed our Sunday knit. If you're around this week, maybe we can have a weeknight meeting?
And thanks for the shout out - the hat is now posted.

8:55 PM  
Blogger Bashirs Momma said...

Hey! I love the new update on your profile! Great knit-astic photo!

Will it show up when you leave posts... always like to see the Queen of Stitchery...

6:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home