d

Sunday, December 24, 2006

Finished objects!


Yea! I finished the Christmas stocking for little RZK! I'm happy with it, and R's mom is too, so it's successful (so long as it doesn't fall apart, which I don't think it will). I bought quite a lot of little decorative notions, and then used relatively just a few of them. The bird (top branch, right side) is my favorite.
And, I made three felted bowls, from the "One Skein" book. Following a comment from splindarella on the One Skein Knit-Along, I used Patons SWS (soy/wool blend) doubled and added 3 ridges of garter at the top to keep them from rolling. The SWS has a nice silky feel to it. I'm least happy with the pink bowl, I think I cast on too loosely on that one, thus the flared lip. The dark blue is for me to keep, the pink & light blue are for KS's nieces.

As of yesterday, Dec 23, the house is now fairly well Christmassed up. I gave in & bought a small fake tree. It's really an ornament display device, because I couldn't think of where to fit a tree in our small living room, but was really missing having the ornaments out.

The quilted wallhanging tree, while nice, did not quite do it. Though the presents on the chair below the wallhanging blended in nicely. (Note example on this wallhanging of why we shouldn't blindly follow directions. The base of the red bow on the "package" in the lower right-hand corner doesn't match up with the red ribbon underneath. It's even more noticable in person. Ideally, I suppose this quilt would be hung up at least 20 ft away, so that I wouldn't notice the flaw so much).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home