d

Monday, March 05, 2007

Cold & snow outside, Warm cats & flowers inside

My handsome Bean.
Since last I blogged, I finished the blotchy blue alpaca as Cozy-inspired scarf. It's actually been done for a couple of weeks, I think, but blogger & my laptop have some issues. This time, I'm at least saving a draft before the stupid thing crashes. The 4th ball of alpaca was noticeably darker when knit in pattern, so I fooled around a bit at the ends, with this garter stitch & other thing I've got going on here. The pattern is just lovely, and now that it's done, I'm wishing I had enough of this blotchy alpaca to do it up properly as the Cozy wrap. But I don't and an alpaca scarf is still quite nice. I've also finished this feather & fan scarf in an incredibly light & airy mohair/silk blend (Madil Kid Seta, 70% super kid mohair, 30%silk). I've been wondering whether to block it, and looking at this photo, the answer appears to be a resounding yes. It's a present for a very wonderful lady who took care of me during the days from when I was 6 weeks old til I started 1st grade. There's some confusion over whether it was Betty or my mom who taught me how to knit, but somewhere between the two of them, I learned so long ago that I don't even remember it. I think this will make a good present.

2 Comments:

Blogger Dearest Cupcake said...

How do you block air? Beautiful scarves.

7:35 AM  
Blogger Claire said...

Gingerly

3:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home