d

Sunday, March 25, 2007

One WIP

So, Cupcake in essence said "Less bitching about the computer, show some progress shots." As I said in the last post, one is a present, so it's not going up, but the other project that's been going on for a bit now is my grey lace-weight merino shawl.

This is the Huck Lace Shawl from Morehouse Merino, and right now it's just over 1/2 done. I took it out to the lovely warm & sunny, but March-barren, backyard and did get a bit of an odd look from a backyard neighbor over taking pictures of a piece of grey cloth slung over a tree branch.
And, for anyone who can't get enough of Progressive Era proscriptive literature, here's a gem of knowledge from the 1911 "Guide to the United States for the Immigrant Italian," published by the Connecticut DAR: "Never give wine or beer to children. When children take these drinks they do not eat enough, and sometimes faint in school. Alcoholic drinks are too stimulating for them and prevent the natural development of their little bodies."

1 Comments:

Blogger Dearest Cupcake said...

Bah! My Nona gave me wine as a child, and I turned out just fine (?). Love the shawl!

4:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home