d

Saturday, March 24, 2007

We hates Vista, it burns us


Well, one comment on the last posting, so I'll go again...
Sadly, no new photos of any FO's. For one, nothing's finished. I'm working on a large grey shawl from Morehouse Merino's book (the huck lace shawl), but it just goes on & on. I'm working on a secret present item, so obviously there will be no photos as yet.
2) Through a complicated series of maneuvers, I have a new computer, specifically K's newish computer. He got an Acer laptop in December and was very happy with it. I've been having problems with my old Compaq, but needed to wait for the big-ish tax refund check to get a new one. In the meanwhile they put out Vista. Vista didn't work with our wireless, and I don't feel like being new operating system guinea pig, so we returned it. K got a mac and I got his Acer. And I haven't gotten around to figuring out how to get pictures from the camera to the new laptop. Luckily the printer & laptop worked it out between the two of them.
3) Little time for figuring out camera-laptop relations and less time for knitting, as I've been reading & writing like mad (for me at least), trying to get a draft of my dissertation in to my advisor before he goes away on a year's sabbatical. A year plus, actually, as I understand it, he's leaving town after this semester's over, and will only very occassionally be back between then & September 2008! 2008! There's some fun stuff, but the writing kinda drags at times. Fun stuff like 1915 Department of Labor literature on having children. Expectant moms in 1915 were recommended to "Exercise in the open air" but no violent exercise, no stair climbing and no using the sewing machine in the later months.
Oh, and K & I have decided we're engaged. We're hoping to get married in late September.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck on the dissertation draft!!! And cngrats again on the engagement.

10:04 AM  
Blogger Dearest Cupcake said...

Two words: Progress shots.

And one more: Congrats!

9:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home