d

Friday, April 13, 2007

Three sweaters done, Two done well

So I finished a near slew of small sweaters this week. First, the heartbreakingly cute baby kimono from Mason Dixon Knitting. It's in Rowan Handknit Cotton, which feels just lovely and is machine-washable. For buying this at the local vacuum/yarn store, though, I got the comment "That's a lot of money for blue string." Yeah, thanks.
The buttons were washed out in every flash photo I took, and I probably won't get a chance to try natural light before heading to the shower tomorrow, so take my word for it that they're cute bunnies. After checking out the button selection at Joann's Fabric, I went with ribbon tie for the inside flap and (securely sewn on) bunny buttons for the outside.

I also finished the toddler-sized placket neck pullover from Last Minute Knits. This is last-minute in kind of a "this kid's birthday is in less than a month" fashion, not quite so precisely "last minute." I had some little square pearlized synthetic buttons, but then I came across the yellow striped glass beads. One interesting thing with this pattern is that there are no buttonholes, you're just supposed to push the buttons and/or beads through the seed stitch placket. It seems to work out all right. This one's in Plymouth Encore DK, which is a nice compromise for being wooly, machine-washable and coming in a bunch of colors. I was very happy with how this yarn knit up.
And then there's the sad little 6-12 mo size placket neck pullover, which was intended to go along with the baby kimono as a shower present. I finished it up, the Pure Soysilk feels lovely. Then I gave it a light rinse and blocked it.
Where stitches had been a little uneven, they became more so, as well as rather sad and sloppy. I picked up a couple of receiving blankets from the couple's registry to go with the baby kimono. Not sure what I'm going to do with this.
And, we're set on the pavilion at upper Robert H Treman for the wedding, just not sure which day now. Our first choice turned out to be Yom Kippur, which means no dear DF from college, which is not ideal.

4 Comments:

Blogger Dearest Cupcake said...

Bummer about the soy silk. But the others look great!

12:44 PM  
Blogger Bashirs Momma said...

I can confirm that they are bunnies...

4:31 PM  
Blogger Claire said...

And the mom seemed very happy with the bunny buttons. Turns out they are going for a Peter Rabbit themed room.

5:17 AM  
Blogger Risa said...

The blue string comment cracked me up! Sometimes you just have to yell, "it's ROWAN you silly muggles!" Ah, anyway, the sweaters are beautiful. And I'm glad you hear your gift fit their theme :)

8:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home