d

Friday, April 06, 2007

Two new projects

New projects? What am I, nuts?
Well, there's a baby shower coming up on April 14, and I decided that instead of the feather & fan baby blanket I've been making for friends & relatives since I was 18, I would make 2 little garments. The first one is the child's placket-neck pullover from Last Minute Knitted Gifts. I'm making it in the 6-12 mo size, from Pure Soysilk purchased last weekend in Providence. Last night, I got to the point of setting the body aside & starting the sleeves, and found out I don't have size 5 dpns! That will soon be corrected.
Fortunately, I did not need to get twitchy for lack of knitting (aside from all the WIPs around the house), since I had purchased 3 skeins of Rowan handknit cotton earlier in the day for the Mason Dixon heartbreakingly cute baby kimono. I'm passingly familiar with newborns, but haven't had one of my own, and I keep thinking, "This is just so small!" The gauge is correct, though, so hopefully they're just that small.

Interesting how both these colors coordinate with my office wallhanging.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't worry. It'll fit those babies are tiny.

6:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home