d

Monday, June 25, 2007

Inspirations

I am sitting here, enjoying being home all week for the first time in 6 weeks!!!! My cuddly friend Zeno is sitting, washing his face beside me & I'm leisurely checking out the summer & spring issues of Knitty. Arietta was one of the spring surprises that I hadn't gotten around to checking back for. It seems to be a very fine example of mosaic knitting, with the multi-colored effect of fair isle without all that picky yarn-carrying. And, with a handy little banner from Knit Picks at the top that says I can knit this sweater for just $37.35. How handy.
Wisp is a lovely mohair scarf. After I made a scarf this winter with mohair/silk for a family friend, it's been in my mind that maybe I need one myself. After working with the mohair/silk, I feel strongly that the economy version - mohair/poly - is not the way to go. That silk just gives such a...well, silkiness to the mohair. It's yummy. And the idea of knitting with mohair right now is just so appealing. The past few weeks of work have just about crippled my right hand past the point of getting much knitting done on the rather thick 90% silk Ella Rae Shibu sweater.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home