d

Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Seven Things

Well, I've been memed by Basenji Boy, so... Let's see, seven random things about me?
1. I screech when I see snakes (snakes in the wild, not in a zoo or pet store - not that pathetic). I'm not scared of them anymore, but I still screech when I see them. In a related vein, last week I was screening dirt for artifacts (archaeology), and a hibernating frog showed up in the dirt - I screeched! (The frog was moving sluggishly, we tried to make him comfortable in another spot.)
2. Book series I loved as a child: C.S. Lewis' Narnia books; L. Frank Baum's Oz books; L.M. Montgomery's Anne of Green Gables books; and Madeline L'Engle's "Wrinkle in Time" trilogy.
3. I'm really, really annoyed with apostrophes stuck in plurals, as in the 11/20 Cooperstown Crier's headline "Veteran's Honored on Their Day." Aside from oddities like children & moose, plurals are not that tough! (also, misuse of "your" and "you're" - last weekend there was a handlettered sign in front of Home Depot using "you'r" in place of "your" - first time I've seen that one.)
4. I have specialized equipment for making lefse, thin Norwegian potato pancakes.
5. I'm a fiber snob, a pie crust elitist, but have nothing against cake from a mix. I've tried making cake from scratch; it didn't seem worth the bother.
6. In the last year or so, I've developed a crush on the semi-colon and have probably been overusing it.
7. My parents named me "Claire" while they were living in the town of Clarion, in Clarion County, near the Clarion River, where I would attend Clarion Area Elementary School and Clarion Area High School, and where they worked at Clarion University. Why? They said they didn't expect to end up staying there. The only time I recall a really likely chance of moving, though, it was going to be to Eau Claire, WI!
I'm not going to forward this meme for two reasons: 1) seems too much like a chain letter, and I hate chain letters with a passion; and 2) BB's already sent it to everyone I know.

2 Comments:

Blogger Bashirs Momma said...

Breaking the chain....? Thats bad, lady! Bad!

How was' I to know you hated chain meme's? What am I? Claire-voyant?

**Making a Big; sigh**

2:37 PM  
Blogger Claire said...

I didn't mean that I hate memes, mainly I just don't know anyone else to forward this to.

5:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home