d

Monday, December 31, 2007

Christmas in Clarion

Sunrises,

sunsets,

& a visit to Oil Creek State Park - near Titusville, where oil was first drilled in North America.


See the old barrel - I assume it's there, in a state park, because it's historical? This came as a surprise to me, but people are drilling for oil again in northwestern PA. I thought they got it all in the 19th century, but apparently with the high prices now, it's worth going back for whatever's left here.
We also had a great dinner at the Black Forest Restaurant und Bier Haus, in Parker, PA. If you find yourself in the vicinity of Parker (why, I don't know), I highly recommend the sauerbraten & K recommends the wurst.
And on the knitting front... I gave up on the feathery lace stole for being just way too boring for the lovely deep purple Kidsilk Haze, so I frogged that and started the Trellis Scarf from Spring '06 Interweave Knits. I'm very happy with the TS, and just got to the half-way point with it last night.
Also started another feather & fan baby blanket. I have been working on wraps, then realizing that I don't wear wraps. They kind of bug me - drape this end over the shoulder & it looks all right, until I move & it falls off. So, apparently, I like having a large knitting project to work on. I found this great yarn (Cascade Kaleidoscope dk) at Knitting It All Together, the lovely yarn shop in Oneonta, NY. Also, since people do keep having babies, it will come in handy sooner or later.

2 Comments:

Blogger Dearest Cupcake said...

Don't abandon the kidsilk! I think the pattern is looking lovely. I'm about to cast on for the bazillionth time the briar rose yarn...

8:35 AM  
Blogger Claire said...

I must have misstated it; I'm very happy with the Kidsilk Haze in the Trellis Scarf pattern.

10:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home