d

Saturday, May 28, 2011

Goodbye great yarn store in Oneonta! Hello Babette Blanket!

I've started the Babette Blanket, due to a windfall purchase of yarn in Oneonta.
27 skeins (2 skeins each of 13 colors, and 1 skein of a 14th - not sure if there was only 1 skein, or if I dropped one in all the excitement/waiting in line with my arms full of yarn until some kind person brought me a basket) of Ella Rae Silkience at 75% off. The yarn is 41% cotton, 39% modal, 12% silk, and 8% rayon. I loved the range of colors and the sheen that the fiber has. On further reflection, I'm not sure what kind of useful blanket cotton/modal/silk/rayon will make, but it will be pretty. I've so far made 10 of the 50 little two-round squares for the pattern. Many more squares to be made. Like quilting, it will be fun to combine the colors in different ways.
At this 75% off sale, I also purchased 9 skeins of Elsabeth Lavold Silky Wool in a charcoal gray,
And 8 skeins in 4 different colors of Ella Rae Kasbah. Those I don't have a real plan for (and if I'd bought more yarn that I just liked with no plan for it, I could have cleaned out half the store, and my checking account). A woman in line behind me suggested throw pillow covers, which was an excellent suggestion. I could make use of approx 520 yards of 4 different colors, and have something to adorn the living room.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home